Through the Joachim Herz Foundation, KSU awards up to six stipends for students pursuing internships for 8-10 weeks in Germany in fields of their choice.
- Expenses. Students pay for their flight, housing, and course credits.
- Scholarships. Students can apply for $3,800 of funding.
- Internships. 8 weeks of practical training in a German workplace.
- Credits. Students can earn 3-9 credits of GRMN for the internship.
- Timeline. Apply in September, October, and November for travel in summer.
Generously supported with a $3,800 stipend to you, this opportunity is limited to a total of 6 German Studies students and competitively awarded. Especially for learners interested in advancing professional skills, who will have completed at least two semesters of German prior to departure/start of the virtual internship. Our partners in Germany facilitate 8-week internships with reputable German companies in Hamburg, Berlin, or Bavaria. If travel is an option, we assist with finding housing and completing course credit in KSU GRMN classes (3-9 credits). German Studies Majors and Double Majors have priority, but application is open to all students. The application Deadline is December 1st.