Beyond the Classroom
The Future of Energy
Compete for Prizes in our Digital Poster Contest
With special thanks to the German Embassy, Kennesaw State University students across the German Studies program will participate in a digital poster contest.
Students in Kennesaw German Studies courses have the unique opportunity to immerse themselves in knowledge about the Energiewende / Energy Transition. In Fall 2022, students will express their creativity by creating their own digital posters to communicate key facts and ideas related the topic.
The Energy Transition poster exhibit is located at the Bagwell College of Education lobby. Its displays include infographics and facts about how the world will develop infrastructure and policies to power a sustainable future and transition away from carbon.
To participate in this contest students will do the following:
- Visit the exhibit in Bagwell’s 1st floor lobby October 31 - November 4, 2022
- Peruse the information and take notes on the posters to support the creation of a digital poster.
- Design a digital poster using PowerPoint, Keynote, Pitch, Google Slides, or similar. Students are limited to a single, non-animated slide which contains factual information collected from the exhibit.
- Submit a digital copy of your poster (in editable form) to your instructor.
- Submitted entries convey all rights for poster duplication and publication by KSU German Studies and the German Embassy.
All digital poster submissions are due by November 18th. Entries will be ranked by instructors for each course.
Students in each section of German will compete for best-in-class prizes.
Students in the following courses are eligible to participate.
Jaelyn, Jarred, Duncan
Santi, Austin, Trey
Michelle, Anna Marie
We will continue the conversation about Energiewende with a special screening of the short film Energy Pioneers (2018) in the Social Sciences Building (room 2038) on November 28, 2022 at 8 pm. Please join us, and check out the trailer below!